Normal progress for a 4 month old

Hi there. Just wanna check on LO progress at 4 months old. My LO is able to turn but still not able to pull her hand out. Is this normal for 4 months old? My MIL keep comparing her to her grand niece who can turn by herself and hold her own milk bottle. Its stressing me out because she keep saying that my LO is not strong enough because I did not feed her breastmilk but I feel that my LO progress are on track and the grandniece of my MIL is fast.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

All you should worry about are red flags that indicate slow development, not comparing with other babies. Being able to turn at 4 months seem perfectly fine. Each baby has their own pace and how fast they reach their milestones now is no indication of how well they will do in the future. So stop worrying and don't compare, when baby grows older I don't think they will appreciate being compared to other children :)

Read more
5y ago

That's exactly what I need to hear. I keep track of my LO progress and find that she's on track. My MIL is giving me unspoken stress because I did not feed my LO breastmilk. All along I avoid comparing the progress of my LO with others but my MIL keep coming to me to update other baby progress. It's a little stressful to handle since we are staying under the same roof.

Every child is different and progress in their own pace. As long as the doc didn't any concern during the routine checks, don't need to worry too much. :)

Super Mum

Every child progress differently. Your child is progressing normally. Tell your mil that she can't expect every child to progress exactly the same.

Every child's progress is different so I don't think there's a need for comparison. Don't stress yourself out too much!

Super Mum

It’s fine. All babies are different. Some achieve certain milestones faster than the others.