Is there a need for perineal spray ? Or should I just get epikool ? Any brand for recommendation?

Is there a need for perineal spray ? Or should I just get epikool ? Any brand for recommendation?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on how good your gynae is at fixing you up. I bought 2 bottles of perineal spray (earth mama), & even put in fridge in preparation for delivery. but didn’t use it at all. In the end I had to give them away. I also bought cooling pad, but didn’t use. What I found really useful, though, is the swimming float to sit on during my first 3 weeks. Just use the alcohol/disinfecting solution that your hospital give you to wipe everytime, my wound healed within 1 week. All the best!

Read more

If you have any vaginal stitches, Ill recommend to do sitz bath with epsom salt (2 cups of salt with warm water, sit for 10 to 20 mins) it helps to reduce the swollen. I did it for my first pregnancy. After care was given by NUH. However, in KKH they will give you epikool pad which doesn't help much of the swollen. Epsom salt is consider prescribe med in KKH hence this is not provided unless ask. I didnt use perineal spray cause doesn't help much too 😅

Read more
TapFluencer

Hello I bought the Earthmama perineal spray and used it for 2-3 days. More than the epikool/Belvea perineal pads, I felt the Tucks cool pads were helpful I used to line up 3-4 pads on my regular Sofy pad and it will stay cool for an hour or so. Take good rest and keep your legs straight don't fold them so that your stitches heal faster. If you want to breastfeed use a cushion chair and in addition can use a donut pillow to avoid mishaps.

Read more

I ordered this and personally think it was better than EPIKOOL, much better absorbency which will help since you’ll have lochia discharge after delivery

Post reply image

the perineal spray was ok for me, very mild. but my wound down there didn't hurt too much. For more painful wounds, might need to use something else.

The cooling pads honestly did not help much. And because they’re very thick, it’s very uncomfortable to wear as well… Sitz bath works better

I didn’t use the cooling pad but, the spray (earth mama) is just useless lol.

cooling pad