Marry or not?

So my (then) boyfriend and I had a child. But back then he didn’t want the kid and forced me into abortion. Our child is 6 months old now and never have he once visited both my son and I. But recently, he texted me and told me he wants to be responsible for us and asked me to marry him. Deep down, I would like to because I want to give my son a proper family to grow up in. But I am not sure if would ever love me as a wife. He broke up with his girlfriend in order to marry me. But he constantly tells his ex gf that he chose responsibilities over love. And they will always love each other from afar. What should I do? I am really so vexed about it. Can I marry this guy whom I love so much as a husband, but knowing that I will never have his heart? Side note , I have terrible relations with my parents. My parents locked me up at home and take my child away from me despite I am someone in my late 20s.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I won't ever trust a person with my baby who wanted me to abort him. If he wants to be 'responsible', he should be wise enough to know a marriage without love is not what you deserve. My suggestion would be, come to agreement with him on child care and let him manage his 'Dad' part. You'd want to give your child a happy family and not a family just for the sake of it. Think logically and don't get emotional about it.

Read more