Marry or not?

So my (then) boyfriend and I had a child. But back then he didn’t want the kid and forced me into abortion. Our child is 6 months old now and never have he once visited both my son and I. But recently, he texted me and told me he wants to be responsible for us and asked me to marry him. Deep down, I would like to because I want to give my son a proper family to grow up in. But I am not sure if would ever love me as a wife. He broke up with his girlfriend in order to marry me. But he constantly tells his ex gf that he chose responsibilities over love. And they will always love each other from afar. What should I do? I am really so vexed about it. Can I marry this guy whom I love so much as a husband, but knowing that I will never have his heart? Side note , I have terrible relations with my parents. My parents locked me up at home and take my child away from me despite I am someone in my late 20s.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My life might be some pov for ur son. I grew up without a dad but early when i was toddler till 8 years old, i have a dad, he was abusive , come bck from work with all his stress he let it go by rotan, slapping me left and right even if i do some childish mistakes. i was around 5 years old when i felt his wrath. Everyday i pray he would just go away and nvr come bck.. well my prayer was answered when he divorced my mom to marry his mistress. I felt miserable.. n felt guilty that i might be the one whose at fault .. my mom ended being so emotional and also rotan me left n right coz thats how she released her anger towards my dad.. I accepted her anger coz part of me felt it was really my fault coz of my stupid prayers. i became her punching bag but then she was also diagnosed with cancer... my education went downhill, i have suicidal thoughts and depression. This is just a tiny portion of my childhood, i got intervened in early years by my school and psychiatrists n therapists. So i hope, u can see what damage it will do if u let a half hearted , unloved person into ur life and ur kid's. Please be careful and stay logical in this matter.

Read more