The old folks were saying when a baby starts to smile, mother's hair start falling. Although it's a myth but true enough, my little one is coming to 4 month and has started to smile alot when we play with her and now my hair have started falling so badly. I think I will turn bald in 1 month time. So sad! Anything to stop hair falling?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think post pregnancy hair loss works that way. My daughter starts to smile at 2 months but my hair loss started only when she was around 3-4 months old. Don't worry about the hair loss mummy, it's only temporary. I personally think that there's no useful remedy currently after trying many hair loss shampoo. Just have to stay stress free and wait for the hair to grow back.

Read more
VIP Member

Postpartum hair loss is common and occurs in about 50% of postpartum women. Continue eating a well balanced diet, eat more vitamins and reduce stress. http://pregnant.sg/articles/6-natural-remedies-for-postpartum-hair-loss/

Read more

I don't think there is anything to stop the hair fall as its due to the body and hormones changes. Continue to have a balanced diet that would help.

you won't become bald silly mummy! It will get better once baby turn 1 year old. It's the hormones that is changing!

Hair loss will get better once baby is about a year old. i don't believe in old wives tale.

VIP Member

It's the hormonal changes! It will get better by the time your child turns 1year old

thanks