Help~~ I know it's normal to have hair loss after giving birth till LO up to 9 mths old... my LO currently coming to 4 mths old and my hair loss seems pretty serious (non-stop falling), I even have dandruff now... anyone can advice what you use, eat or do during this duration of hair loss?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same for my friend. Hers only returned to normal rate at 12 months. In the meantime, she simply avoided tying her hair too tightly (did not have the option not to tie her hair as her boy loved tugging at it) and trying to maintain a healthy and well balanced diet. She read that following a high protein and high iron diet may help. However, she simply had no time to prepare special diet for herself. Despite all that, her hair fall did return to normal (though it seemed to have taken longer than some of our other friends) and those are her suggestions which you could consider.

Read more

unfortunately, hair loss is very very common and in some cases, it can be a lifelong issue. i had severe hairfall after my first pregnancy, so i was extra cautious during the second time. i would suggest you try a home remedy - make a mix of pure coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil and warm the mix before massage. apply it nicely to the entire scalp and on the hair. leave it on for an hour and wash off. do this twice a week. it will prevent hair fall and help in new hair growth.

Read more

Try consuming foods with high iron, biotin and vitamin A content. Foods like eggs, leafy greens and salmon are good for hair health. Alternatively, you can take oral supplements that contain such vitamins. Personally, I took royal jelly supplements when I was in my teens because of damaged and thinning hair, partially due to stress. It worked wonders for me, and I'm still taking them today.

Read more

1. Try not to comb your hair too often everyday..preferably once a day is enough 2. Keep your hair short so to lesser the weight of your hair 3. Keep a healthy diet and remain stress free 4. I'm using this hair tonic spray bought from Venus..it does help to minimise but not eliminated hairfall. It was recommended by the staff there so i just try..it works abit and its reasonably priced

Read more
Post reply image

Yes, its very normal to have hair loss problems due to our hormones is changing. i also encountered it till my child is almost 2 year old. i tried to change varioud brands of shampoo but somehow it doesn't really helps. so i just try to take it easy, dont stress it out and try to lead a balance lifestyle with balance diet. Seems like my hair loss problem did improved after that.

Read more

Yes it's totally normal. My friends who just delivered recommended Plantur 21 shampoo to me. It helps with post partum hair loss. I bought mine in Guardian btw. Been using it for 2 months now.. so far there's improvement.

Post reply image

Same.. Mine already 6 months and my hair is still dropping a lot each day.. Just careful on the diet and don't eat oily food and fast food and snacks like for esp potato chips.

coconut oil! i have the same problem i sometimes feel like I'm balding.

I heard virgin oil is gd in reducing hair fall

Extra Virgin oil and Olive oil helps.