To Give Birth/Follow Up At Kkh Or Private Hospital

Can't make up my mind at all, kkh or private?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Private is better as you can choose gynae and follow the same one. If that’s important for you, u can choose private as KKH private and Private hospitals like TMC pricing is quite near. However if you’re budget and don’t mind different gynae each visit, then go for KKH subsidied. Just heard from other mummies that Govt hospital don’t do ultrasound scans every visit. Not sure about all private, but mine is TMC private and he does ultrasound scan every visit, except when we have scheduled detailed scans so no need to double scan.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi Vicki, Budget is one consideration. The other thought that I would have in picking a hospital is how you want your birth to be like. Whether you’re more comfortable with less medical interventions or if the hospital can make provisions for what you’re comfortable with given their protocols and standard procedures. I feel that’s important because we’re at our most vulnerable during birth and we should feel safe and comfortable to promote good oxytocin and endorphin levels during labour. Hope you find this helpful :)

Read more

Hi mummy.. First of all think if you have the budget 2nd think of your convenience which one is nearer to you and ur work place 3rd Do you have sufficient leave and MC to cover for gynae check up in KKH 4th if you have any gynae in mind

Read more
VIP Member

myself go for kkh private.. experience wise i think kkh private is still alright. and the nurses services were good too. I took A Ward and had my own rm w hubby staying in e same rm w me. feel so comfortable w that as well.

It really depends on your budget and financial situation :) if you can afford, then there’s more flexibility in private in that you can choose your preferred gynae and stick to one that you feel most comfortable with.

Personally, i chose kkh cus its a govt hospital and i feel more assured knowing that if there is any complications i am at the right hospital to be at.

i’m with SGH, cannot make up my mind at that point of time as my gynae private do not deliver, so he recommended me to sgh~

VIP Member

Do you have gynae in mind? Personally I will go for private.

KKH. Better paeds department

Depend on ur budget.