2 yo Doesn't Want To Cut His Hair

Hi, any suggestions how to get my 2yo to cut his hair. Brought him to cut his hair previously and he will cry & struggle so much! Even if there's a video in front of him. Now, if he sees a hair salon or those 10min hair cut, he would point and request to go to another direction. Any suggestions? Thank you.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We trained my child at home. I cut my hair infront of my 2 yrs old son and was saying "Wow! Look at this, it's amazing! My hair is shorter! Wow!" It seems like he was very amused with the scissor and how I cut my hair so when it's his turn he was not scared anymore. I also let him watch youtube to keep him busy while I was cutting his hair. I was praising him and keep saying that, "Wow! Very good baby, look you are so pogi now!".

Read more

Mommy my baby was like that. He's afraid of the razor sound so what we did was we let him watched a random videos of getting a haircut in a salon. You can try Mayta the Bear - Getting a Haircut and alike. It worked for us, he become excited and during his haircut his a little bit hesitant but we reminded him that Mayta is brave and got his hair done.

Read more
VIP Member

My boy is like that too, most salons cannot handle struggling children. We go to scissors paper stone at Forum in orchard, the staff there+my hubby there are usually enough to get hair cut accomplished. More expensive and far for us to travel there but at least it gets done.

5y ago

Thanks for sharing :)

Same with my son, whatever we tried to have his hair cut but he is resisting and cries so much. We do his hair cut me and my husband when he is asleep. He is turning 3 in few months.

VIP Member

my boy is also liked this, during cb, no choice, i bought a hair clipper and cut myself. although he still cries, but not as loud when he is in salon.

VIP Member

My boy also same hence I buy a noise less trimmer in Lazada n I cut his hair by my self .. it makes convenient, u can see in YouTube how to cut etc

TapFluencer

Maybe u suggest cutting for him first or ask the dad to bring him along when he is cutting his hair. Kids learn best through modeling.

Slowly but surely Maybe sit with him There are those with cars and videos etc Or show him what others are doing and it’s fine

Read more

my 2yo child Dj . im the one who cuts his hair. hahaha after i cut his hair he always said im pogi.(handsome 🤗🤗🤗

Same as my Son previously.. only changed when he was about 4 years old and Having the same hairdresser everytime helps.

5y ago

Oic.. Thank you for sharing. Coz I keep changing hairdresser as he doesn't want to go in. He recognise the place.