Is it still ethical to ask for husband's pay slip?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there. actually i think that it is weird to ask for payslip because its like checking on them or getting them to proof how much they earn - either way, i won't like it if someone ask for mine - maybe if u really want to see have to be nicely done? like u show yours first then after a few times of showing us u can ask for his? or another way to get around it is to ask about his tax declaration etc - then u know how much he earns. i do feel that as long as i know a rough figure about how much he earns will do. i will ask then after some time forget then maybe many months later ask again or when he is talking about job hopping opportunities - then i will know the figure again?

Read more

I will be curious to know but I won't ask for the exact pay slip. Have to trust his words on the amount he said. But I did find out how much he was earning when we were submitting our Hdb loan application hehe. I guess it depends on the trust level. Asking him for the pay slip will indicate to him that you don't trust him and this is not good for the relationship too.

Read more

Hi, I think, literally asking for the payslip is a little awkward. It is like asking for the proof that he earns what he says. Or there has to be some context when you ask for his payslip, else asking for his payslip may make him feel bad.

VIP Member

It's up to individual trust. Sometimes our husbands may feel that we don't trust them that's why we are asking about their pay slip it boils down to the mutual trust between the two of you

Read more

I felt trust & honesty is important. You will need to trust and he will need to be honest. I never ask for payslip but my hubby will tell me how much he earn every month including OT.

I guess different couples work differently. I'm a sahm so i manage the house finances. So his salary is transparent for me to plan on our expenses, holidays, children's school etc

aiyo, can don't make it a trust issue ;) Just say need to produce Payslip for so and so reason then you also show yours..

VIP Member

I and hubby always print out payslips and compie. then we can work on our budget together.

VIP Member

I don't see any problem to it - hubby and me don't hide anything from each other!