Pungent urine smell

Sorry.. i have been having this pungent urine smell everytime i go to the toilet. So uncomfortable with the smell.. Am currently in my 19 weeks. Is it normal? Anyone experiencing like this before? Will it eventually go away?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you just have to drink more water to hydrate yourself, dark urine and stronger smell is usually due to lack of water in the body. when your toilet frequency increases, the urine color will be normal and less pungent.. just remember you not only have your waste to release, you also have baby's waste to release too.. the placenta is the entrance and exit for baby's nutrients and waste.. jia you!!

Read more

Mine was very bad & I thought it was due to my prenatals. Then I tested protein in my urine & turns out I had UTI. No pain or blood in urine. Just pungent smell & urge to pee. I thought it was the baby pressing. Just check with your gynae; it’s common and easy to cure!

Super Mum

Urinary tract infections can definitely happen during pregnancy. Please let your gynae know about it and do the urine test to check, so you can get treated if needed

VIP Member

I had a similar concern (dark yellow urine and a stronger smell) and gynae mentioned that the prenatals we’re taking do cause it too. Just a heads up!

Me too! Gynae says it’s due to the prenatal too tell me not to worry and that during preg sense of smell drastically improves

VIP Member

I guess it’s normal cause I had it too back then