letting fan blow on baby's head

Can someone tell me... Do u think it is ok to put baby's head this close to fan for a few mins (about 5mins)? Reason: baby is hot. Personally i feel it is not ok. But i want to hear from more people. Pls comment. Thx

letting fan blow on baby's head
39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best not to, the fan may have a coating of dust on t blades which may fly to the baby and even if it's at t back of baby's head the wind may flow the dust to the face. Wind current bends around round surfaces. Keep fan at a distance. Try cooling forehead with damp(room temperature) cloth?

4y ago

Pat/ wipe face*

I guess you're trying to prove a point to someone stubborn, the answer is no, this is too close, def not okay, esp when your baby sweat and the pore is opened..

VIP Member

Of course it is not OK to do so. That's too close and should not blow the fan directly to baby. You may want to put the fan further.

Super Mum

I’ve gone that close before, but I’m carrying baby and so transferring my warmth to baby. I think 5 min is alright.

VIP Member

I think it’s too close for comfort. if the baby has hair, it might get on his face and cause itch.

VIP Member

To me it is rather close too. As if his/her hand goes in it , the child will be injured.

Cfm is the mother in law or own mother bodoh to blow baby's head like that right?

VIP Member

I think it will be better to use fan ans let it oscillate and not bring so close to baby

VIP Member

No, that’s too close. Not for long period of time (eg. Nap)

VIP Member

Y soo close .. u can keep it far n let the baby can get to her whole body