bleeding in 9th week

As some of you may know, i went for a ultrasound check at 7th week but all we saw was an empty sac. They told us to come back 2 week later on the 19th Aug. But today, at 9weeks and 1 day, i saw blood from my pantyliner.. I read that it's normal for some as long as it's not heavy but should i still be worried?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It happen to me before. I was indeed pregnant but with an empty sac. I go through bleeding too. I went to A&E (both NUH & KKH) almost every week. The doctors were unable to find anything in the sac. Till one day, I decided that enough is enough and went to a professional gynae who found out that there's actually a baby in the sac. Bleeding is common for some pregnant women. Not all baby develop the same way. Some babies are fast "grower" meaning latest by 5th week, you are able to see something in the sac. Some babies are slower "grower" meaning even at 9th/10th, you still can't see anything as they are so small. Don't get too upset so early. All pregnancy is different. Take time. See a proper gynae. Not all doctors are trained to be able to see through the sac clearly. Good luck and take care💋

Read more
VIP Member

Best to consult gynae. If it’s a light spotting, it’s normal but monitor for 2-3 days. If not rush to see the gynae asap.

5y ago

If you were to ask gynae, they will ask you to monitor. Cos light spotting is normal however it might be a sign of miscarriage as well. I faced that during my previous pregnancy. If it gets heavier by 2nd day, best to seek medical attention asap. If it’s still the same, very very light spotting, monitor 2-3 days. Usually it’ll go away. Else, seek medical attention. 😊

Better to seek advice from gynae... during my first trimester i have visited gynae about 5times due to bleeding

5y ago

But is it normal ? Was everything ok for u??

Hard for us to advice Best is see gynae

VIP Member

Best to see the gynae asap