Small mum, big baby?

Were you able to deliver naturally? Kinda stressing out after my 35w appt when my baby’s head circumference measured 34cm, and baby’s weight at 2.8kg. My OB certainly sounded concerned because I’m petite (158cm) and a big head might be a challenge to get through the birth canal. I wasn’t really looking to get induced or go for a csect as other factors are ok (no GD, no high BP, baby’s head is down) but it sounded like because of baby’s size, these are now possibilities? I know these scan measurements can be off. Just wondering if any petite mums have had the experience to still deliver supposedly bigger babies naturally?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi, I was 159cm & barely weighs 50kg when I was pregnant with my 1st girl. She was 3.4kg & the big head circumference runs in my fam. I had a natural delivery, but I took epidural at 6cm dilation. No tear at all. I can’t rmr the rest of the details though.. coz I was too hungry during my labour.

I’m having the same concern as my last check up my OB said baby is big and his head circumference is huge too. There’s a mention of c-sec but my OB was saying to decide on next appointment which is this Sat. I’m so nervous! Would love to hear more on your progress.