Singapore Airlines bassinet seats are 76cm long and hold up to 14kg. Our son is 11kg but slightly short of 76cm. We don't want to pay for another seat, so should we just book the bassinet with the risk of him not fitting in anymore? Any advice?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same problem when I flew with my daughter and it was a 16 hour non-stop! I had booked the bassinet but she did not stay in it at all. Because she would stretch and feel uncomfortable and the squirm and cry. it was really not helpful having the bassinet at sleeping time. She just slept on top of me. Fortunately on the return flight it was not so full, and the airline gave us the set of 4 in the middle so my husband I sat on one end each and she lay down in the middle.

Read more

I faced the same problem when traveling with my my son who was 23 months old. I just booked the bassinet just in case and glad that I did and he did sleep in it for 2 hours nap. I adjust him to sleep side way so he can bend his legs a bit.

VIP Member

You could purchase the SkyBaby travel mattress which can be attached to your seatbelt so your baby can be securely fastened without the need for a bassinet. http://sky-baby.co.uk/parallax/index_par.html

Post reply image

thanks