Prams, bassinets and car seats

Is anyone planning to buy a bassinet for their pram as well as a car seat / capsule? Or do you only need one of these? We don’t own a car and travel short distances frequently via grab, taxi, and wondering what we really need. Doesn’t seem practical to use a car seat / capsule as a “bassinet” alternative for a new born #advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

We don’t own a car. I only take taxis unless there is really no taxis and I’m nearby then I’ll take gojek/grab. I will input baby is in carrier and asked if they are ok, so far no rejections. For newborn, I’ll carry on hand. I didn’t want to buy an extra carrier (konny/JC) just for the newborn days so I only used a carrier when she turned 3 months old. (Big enough to be in one) Also, I rarely go out during her newborn days as well so no difference for me. So my POV, unless you have a car, it’s not worth it to get a car seat just for PHV. Because for taxis, you don’t need a car seat. Baby can be on hand or in carrier. “For those die die must use car seats mummies, I know car seats are to keep babies safe. I’m just sharing my POV, do not bash me lol.”

Read more
1y ago

Thanks for your honest answer! I know this can be a bit of a touchy subject, but it’s good to know what people are doing and they’re experiences