Feeling lonely during pregnancy

I feel so lonely during my pregnancy so far (16 weeks) because my hubby’s lifestyle is still the same as pre-pregnancy e.g. goes out drinking almost daily, travels often for work. He’s great when we meet over the weekends (still waiting for bto) but I feel so selfish and clingy when I bring this up to him because I’m not sure what is the solution that would make us better. I know he’s trying to cope mentally with being a new dad too but I don’t want to look back at this pregnancy and only remember feeling sad and lonely. Did anyone experience this too and how did you deal with this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband travels often for work too, although he only takes on traveling if he absolutely have to. As women, we tend to hide our feelings for fear that it is not justified. But it’s super important to have communication in a marriage, it’s tough that u all are not living together. But I would suggest to let your husband know how you feel, but in a manner that makes it sound like u want to solve problems together with him, not necessarily blaming him. He might not know how you feel too and important to let him know, I’m sure he would care!

Read more

I feel same like u. husband busy working and stay at his mum place. only meet him for dinner 1x 1week.