Confuse at wk 5

I went to check last week like to confirm on the pregnancy at the clinic and they just gave the the test kit to try and like literally confirm it is….. then they ask me whether I need help in contacting any gynae. So I am like ya of course it will be even good if u could book an appointment for me coz I have no exp. But he only gave the referral letter and ask me to go myself…? It’s funny that the letter cost $ too. He told me to go like during week 11-12 like that. This makes me more confusing …. Coz I though like we need to have blood test & hcg checks? I am also wondering if whether to go for kkh or sgh for now…. #advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! congrats on the pregnancy! first, are u intending to go via govt hospital route? if so, yes u need a polyclinic referral letter then they will arrange ur kkh appointment like within 2 weeks from the polyclinic visit. this route is for the subsidized route! means it's heavily subsidized but u cannot choose ur gynae and every visit may be different doctor. if you wanna choose ur own gynae, then referral won't be necessary for your case. be it kkh, sgh or private, they will fall under not subsidized route. and the cost.. might be quite similar. of cuz private still much higher. but u have a consistent gynae to follow thru with you till ur edd. :)

Read more
1y ago

side note. keep all the receipts with you! you might be able to claim it after ur child is born under the Medicare scheme or so. can't rmb it offhand now. Preggy mind.

hello mummy! First of all, you need to ask for a referral letter(which will cost abt $11, excluding the consulatation fee n medicines) from the very first clinic that u went to. Then u have to decide on which hosp u are going to (e.g SGH) afterwhich u have to contact SGH yourself to get a date for your first check up appt date. Waiting for this date might take up to 2 weeks. SGH will contact you via email or SMS once they have a date for your first appt. This is based on my experience. hope this info helps you :)

Read more

Hi mom! I went to private clinic too worst, they did not even give me referral, I went to polyclinic myself and get a referral. I’m gg to KK tomorrow

1y ago

Ikr…. I don’t understand wat the clinic is doing

You don’t need a referral. You may call in to KKH, SGH or NUH for a first appointment or submit an appointment form online.