Should I get a baby walker or jumperoo?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally got my son a jumperoo instead of a walker for a few reasons. First, I didn't want him to be "free" and moving around so much in the house and knocking things over. What if something falls onto him? He can do the exploring when he starts walking on his own pace. Secondly, I have a 7 year old daughter. Although she is at a age where she can understand and take instructions, she gets very clingy and would always want to play with her brother. What if she gets over excited and starts "racing" her brother around the house? Lol. Call me paranoid but I rather have my son in one place where he can self entertain for a little while to relief myself or my mum for abit without worrying.

Read more

Baby walker is banned some countries due to its safety issues e.g. topple. For me I do not offer walker at all as I feel baby will walk by themselves when they are ready and intervation of baby development will do more harm, e.g. bended legs. Same to the jumperoo, although it does look fun for the baby, it might cause baby's leg to bend as the bones still very soft. I have seen 2 of my friends' kids suffered from using walker and jumperoo (one bended legs and another one toes were injured). If you need to confine your baby to get work done e.g cooking, you can actually consider to place baby in playpen/play yard. I used excasaucer when my baby is able to sit well.

Read more
VIP Member

The sit in walker is not safe for children. The push walker is fine. I personally loved the jumperoo. Why don't u get both? They actually serve different purpose. The push walker helps baby to learn how to walk. Jumperoo is more of an entertainment centre.

depends on what you want. and if you have space. for me either is fine. or you can get the jumper cum walker type.

thanks