My baby is 4mth old and will soon be transiting to a jumperoo/exersaucer, however recently I've been told that a jumperoo & a walker does not benefit our bubs. It actually does harm due to the tiptoeing and bouncing. Has anyone experienced the same and could advise? I believe a walker was part of our growing up for most of the adults now.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

best is to avoid. tip toeing is real problem. let them crawl and stand when they can by themselves. they will start exploring. my take is avoid if possible. Anyway there is a research that shows that baby who crawl more has better cognitive learning skills. result of the coordination work needed.

I gave walker to my lo for few weeks. Noticed that he loves tip toeing, not sure related or not. Giving walker i think it is a decision by yourself, there are pros and cons. Walker can be dangerous if there is no supervision, as lo will speed with the walker and may fall down due to too fast.

A jumperoo or exersaucer is meant to keep baby occupied Coz of the many fun attachments. In my own opinion, it will only do harm if baby is placed there for long periods of hours over consistent days. Moderate is the key.

VIP Member

Grace, how many months was ur lo when he was placed in a walker? How long does he stay in it?

VIP Member

Okay! I'll go with the research and avoid the walker and jumperoo.

I put a cushion below so that he doesnt tiptoe