Hello, how do u guys bring baby food when travelling? I usually giv my 8month porridge, but not sure how to cook one when im overseas...

Should i bring ready made food?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My friend bring her own small slow cooker overseas. When they reach there, first thing they do after check in is to go supermarket to buy porridge ingredients. Cook at night, put auto. Next morning u can pack in thermal n bring it out. I know it’s troublesome. But it’s up to u to give convenient food or prefer to cook ur own for ur LO :)

Read more
4y ago

Thank u for e reply! I am tinkin of a small portable cooker too

I always bring my own electric cooker, kettle, rice and noodles (separately portioned) for holidays. Vegs and meat usually will buy from the local supermarkets. My lo doesnt like pre cooked baby food, western food etc so no choice.

Super Mum

Supermarkets now have packets of baby food that you can just put in a cup/bowl of hot water to heat up. The japanese ones have porridge too:) it’s individual portions and you don’t need to refrigerate it

Super Mum

I bring cereal powder which is the easiest and also some jars of heinz. Though you should test first before going overseas and see if baby likes the jar food.

You can bring one of those small portable electric cooker to coon porridge if you want.

If for a short trip, I prefer bottled baby food. Easy and convenient.

4y ago

You can buy at groceries, heinz or gerber or you can opt for pouches also, :)

Super Mum

If u go Australia, baby food cheaper there

Super Mum

Yes look for Heinz brand

Heinz convenient

VIP Member

Bring heinz out