I think im pregnant

Should i book a gynae directly after tested positive for pregnancy or visit a clinic first to confirm pregnancy? If visit a clinic first what i should say? First time here feel lost...

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Private Route: Find a doctor at your preferred hospital and book an appointment with the hospital while stating your preferred doctor name. Subsidy Route: Go to Polyclinic and ask for referral letter. They will need to do urine test on you first to confirm the pregnancy. Once confirm, they will give you a referral letter and you can book an appointment at KKH/NUH/SGH. Bring the referral letter along, if not you will be charged as a private patient.

Read more

Hi mummy, congrats! You may go to polyclinic and get referral to KKH. Usually they would schedule appoint by week 7/8. In the mean time, you can go to clinic to confirm if really want. Thats what i did. Cause i panicked. I went to clinic that does ultrasound and hcg blood test to double confirm. At the same time also go to polyclinic to get referral to kkh.

Read more

Congratulations on your positive pregnancy test! It's advisable to visit a clinic for confirmation. Mention your positive test, and they'll guide you further. For exceptional care, consider Healthcare for Women in Singapore led by Dr. Chen. Her expertise ensures a supportive and tailored approach for a positive pregnancy experience.

Read more

I was very lost at that time too so I thought I should go to a clinic to take a blood test to confirm my pregnancy but the doctor told me pregnancy test kits are normally very accurate so I ended up not taking the blood test and went straight to book an appointment with a gynae to confirm my pregnancy!

Read more

congratulations! you can see the gynae from 6 weeks onwards to confirm that the pregnancy is viable. If going to the GP clinic, they usually will do a urine test to confirm that you're pregnant but a gynae has the facilities/ultrasound to confirm the presence of a gestational sac (viable pregnancy)

Congratulations! Yes, you should seek a gynae to confirm your pregnancy. If you are looking for a gynae, I can recommend my gynae to you. She's Dr. Regina Zuzarte-Ng of GynaeMD. Don't worry, she's kind and approachable. She can guide you with your pregnancy journey as she did mine.

Pregnancy test kits are usually quite accurate. Suggest wait till 8th week to do an ultrasound b/c I did mine on the 6th week and they can't confirm anything. So ended up I wasted money on the consultation and scan.

I booked a private gynae at week 6+ to confirm my pregnancy. Not necessary to go clinic to do blood test, because you still need to wait until after week 6 to check pregnancy from ultrasound.

TapFluencer

test kits sufficed in my case... then book appt with gynae

Week 10 then I went