Science has created artificial sperms and they have started breeding mice with it. This brings us a step close to making men a nice to have but not a necessity in the reproductive process. How do you feel about it? If it's successful would you consider using artificial sperm to have a child? http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-made-the-best-artificial-sperm-yet-and-they-re-breeding-mice-with-it

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As fascinated as I am with this discovery, I wouldn't do it. I am traditional at heart and I feel that a child should be created out of love and for a heterosexual woman like me, I would prefer to have a partner for that. Even if I was single and I wanted a child, an anonymous sperm donation would be quite difficult for me to consider. So the artificial sperm option is just something I am not willing to try. I mean, the DNA, the traits, the characteristics contained in the "sperm", where do they come from? There are just too many questions unanswered and I cannot deal with it haha. That being said, a scientific breakthrough like this is pretty awesome! It will be controversial but fascinating nonetheless.

Read more

I think it would be another option for couples with infertility issues. But I guess I will reserve my comments till there is more information about it. For example, what is the purpose or how is the sperm produced? But it is indeed amazing how science has progressed!

VIP Member

It's great science has progressed to such a level that we don't need sperms anymore, but I would reproduce with someone I love not because I want kids and need a sperm to enable that to happen