Abt arranged marriages

What do u think abt arranged marriages , especially parents choose it n married to unknown persons , n one day they think tht not suitable but still staying together with making artificial love once in a life to survive.. without hving any feelings

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

While I wouldn’t like one, there are many people in marriages of their own choice that also later say that they have irreconciliable differences or that they don’t love each other anymore. Some of them were wildly in love at the start of their relationship.. and this makes the sense of betrayal even stronger if one of them commits adultery. So while it’s nice that the starting point of a relationship is love, I think it’s even more important to maintain a marriage, and to fight for the relationship every day of your life (both parties). It’s not about soft fluffy lovey feelings all the time. Some days, it’s a hard decision to still choose to love your spouse despite everything that happened. I’ve also heard of couples in arranged marriages that grew to love each other genuinely over time because they knew this is the person they were to spend the rest of their lives with.

Read more

I find it shocking in this day and age and honestly would rather be alone than married to someone I didn’t choose. But according to my colleagues in India this is extremely common back home and still widely practiced today.

VIP Member

I don’t believe in those :-( I mean, we are in 2020. Equal rights in choosing our partner

Interesting