Science has created artificial sperms and they have started breeding mice with it. This brings us a step close to making men a nice to have but not a necessity in the reproductive process. How do you feel about it? If it's successful would you consider using artificial sperm to have a child? http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-made-the-best-artificial-sperm-yet-and-they-re-breeding-mice-with-it

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As fascinated as I am with this discovery, I wouldn't do it. I am traditional at heart and I feel that a child should be created out of love and for a heterosexual woman like me, I would prefer to have a partner for that. Even if I was single and I wanted a child, an anonymous sperm donation would be quite difficult for me to consider. So the artificial sperm option is just something I am not willing to try. I mean, the DNA, the traits, the characteristics contained in the "sperm", where do they come from? There are just too many questions unanswered and I cannot deal with it haha. That being said, a scientific breakthrough like this is pretty awesome! It will be controversial but fascinating nonetheless.

Read more