Saw some posts saying cheesecake will help booze breastmilk. But is it okay to eat during confinement?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My cousin swears by cheesecake! I remember when I was talking to her about my difficulties with breastfeeding, she immediately went "Go eat some cheesecake!" Have some in moderation if you must but like what Jamie mentioned, there are many other methods to help boost milk supply. For me, my meals during confinement were made up of tons of milk boosting ingredients such as chia seeds, green papaya, turneric and basils/carrots. I also put a warm towel on my boobs 5 mins before I start pumping and it helps to get the supply going. Also, pumping/feedinng regularly also helps to increase your supply naturally.

Read more
VIP Member

Different people have different milk boosters, but there are some which boost supply for majority of women. For me, I have a daily breakfast of overnight oats consisting of rolled oats, yoghurt, oats plus milk, chia seeds and some nuts in a jar which I put in the fridge the night before. It helps to boost my supply by about 30 to 40ml. You can try out the items in this list and see which one boosts your supply. Yes, cheesecake can be eaten during confinement if you're not strictly adhering to any diet.

Read more
Post reply image