Breast Pump (Thomson Medical)

Read some posts online saying Breast Pump not necessary for hospital bag. Any advice please? #1stimemom #pleasehelp

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I gave birth at KKH and i think it's the same everywhere else; just bring your own breast pump for hygienic reasons even though the hospital can provide it (with charges). At least that way you'd be able to get used to your own pump as well.

VIP Member

I didnt buy the pump beforehand only got it after I am back at home and didn't use it until my nipple was painful from latching. Anw starting part will be fully latching rather than pumping...milk supply was quite little to pump.

VIP Member

if you are first time mom, you might need advices from the LC on how to use correct way and selection of the flange although direct latch is encourage yet I guess if you need professional advice you might want to bring along

I just gave birth there on 29/12. LC asked if I brought my pump, then she explained the functions and taught me how to use it. It helped for me cause I know nothing about my own breast pump 😂 I’m using BabyExpress btw.

VIP Member

If u have ur own pump better to bring or else in hospital they provide pump, but they charge for new fennels for hygienic purpose they provide new fennels only

It's best to bring for the LC will guide you how to use and check if your pump flange is your nipple side and other advises for you as a first time mom 🥰

I’m planning to bring my whole electric breast pump over so that the Thomson LC can teach me for free 😆 but it’s up to you

VIP Member

You might need to ask the Lactation consultant for your flange size or the correct way of using it. Bring along incase.

Super Mum

Hi there, yes not necessary. Usually after birth, a midwife or nurse will assist on getting baby to latch on.

VIP Member

Yes I didn’t bring along with me, only start using when I’m discharged at comfort of home.