Craving for salmon sashimi at 23 wks

Hi I’ve read a few posts and articles and see that some gynaes said that raw fish is okay in moderation during pregnancy. Would like to ask if any mummies did take raw fish during pregnancy and where did you go to eat? Is genki sushi considered safe and reputable?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would say no conveyor belt sushi places as u don't know how long the sashimi has been on the belt and exposed without chilling it. Had a friend (non-preg) who had food poisoning recently after going to a conveyor belt sushi place so best to be on the safe side as preggie more sensitive. Go to restaurants like itacho that only prep the fish upon order. I was craving salmon sashimi too but gynae say best not to eat raw food so I compromised with my hubby and ate aburi salmon so satisfy my cravings.

Read more

I ate raw salmon during pregnancy. Go to the better sushi restaurants who have good hygiene practices and food isn't left on a conveyer belt for a period of time. I ate Itacho, and also enjoyed their seared selections too. I would caution against chirashi/poke bowls though, my colleagues and I have had food poisoning pre pregnancy from pretty reputable chains (not naming names).

Read more

I read something similar months ago, one of the mummy’s gynae told her that if she wanted to eat sashimi, best to go to those atas place. Expensive but safer. Genki on the other hand I would say it’s more of a budget kind of sushi compared to sushi tei/ichiban ~ My advice is check with your gynae first as every pregnancy is different :)

Read more
VIP Member

I ate sashimi during pregnancy but only from proper Japanese restaurants like sushi jin! (just to ensure you're eating the freshest raw fish to avoid salmonella...)

Genki one is not bad, Mitsuba is one of the fresh ones better than some of the famous hotel ones, Edo-ichi is dope too. Just not those on the conveyor belt type.

VIP Member

Better to avoid raw food .. to avoid any complications. Better to be a spud rather than sorry later . Few more months ..

VIP Member

I didn’t eat raw food, but reputable jap restaurant would be Sushi Tei also.

VIP Member

I gt ate few pcs🤣 sushi express😂

better avoid raw food to play safe

TapFluencer

i did eat e.g. sushi express