Yogurt

Is it safe and ok to take yogurt during pregnancy? Currently 7 weeks pregnant.

49 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, safe! But do note that : 1) avoid yogurt made with unpasteurised dairy as it can contain harmful bacteria. 2) avoid full-fat yogurt and other full fat dairy as these source of dairy have too much saturated fat, which is heart-unhealthy and can lead to excess pregnancy weight gain. Anyway, just make sure you have balance nutrition during or after pregnancy! :)

Read more

Yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, is particularly beneficial for pregnant women. It contains more calcium than most other dairy products. Some varieties also contain probiotic bacteria, which support digestive health.

I eat Greek yoghurt or organic Kefir with fruits 5 days a week in the morning. Started 2nd tri onwards. I’m at Week 21 now. It really helps in bowel movement. I don’t have constipation issue at all.

yoghurt is actually very good, to cool yoru tummy and a good source of milk. but do eat it in moderation

Yes. Recommend to take Greek yogurt. U need probiotics and calcium for a healthy pregnancy too. :)

VIP Member

Yes, it’s safe and good. But always remember to consume all types of food in moderation

Yes you can. Have them in moderation and for change, try different flavours of yogurt

Yes yogurt is good, provides calcium and helps with infections if any

VIP Member

Yogurt is fine. I had Meiji yogurt during my pregnancy. :)

VIP Member

Yougurt is good, but do take too cold stuff if you can.