Is it safe to buy preloved breast pump? If yes which brand and model would you recommend (double pump preferred) for going back to work?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my preferance is a double pump, cant afford to spend 30mins pumping both side.. with double pump i will only need to pump 15-20 mins for both.. it really save alot of time.. my medela freestyle was a pre-loved. still in very good condition, previous owner have 2 kids and eldest is already 5year old. freestyle battery is not in-bulit so can prevent battery leakage whn storing which i think is a gd idea and safer if u are getting a pre-loved.. in-built batter u wont know if there is any leakage..

Read more

For preloved breastpump, it's best to get a closed system like spectra. closed system means it's more hygienic. A closed system pump has a barrier between the milk collection kit and the pump mechanism to prevent contamination by bacteria/mold/viruses/etc. An open system pump has no such barrier. you can just get new membranes, bottles, flanges, valves. do get a closed system pump :) a link for more info http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/buying-a-used-or-new-pump/

Read more

Well, I wouldn't mind buying preloved breast pump as will definitely sterilise it before use. Once sterilised, I would think that it is safe to use. Am currently using Avent Double pump and it has been with me for the past 8 yrs or so and still going strong. This pump followed through the journey with ally 4 kids.

Read more

I wouldn't be able to say that its safe or unsafe, but i would think that it depends very much on your c9mfort level. Some would say its not safe, wheras others would say otherwise. I personally have a preloved pump, i never had any issues. You can try Unimom, Carousell is a good option. Hope this helps.

Read more
8y ago

My Mandela Lifestyle Advance stated clearly it's a single user item. I guess with body fluid involved, it is important to check?

VIP Member

I think it's ok to use a preloved breast pump. Just buy new accessories so that you can be assure of the hygiene & yet save some good money from the pump. However, it's good to check how long the pump has been use to gauge how much more useful life the pump still have

VIP Member

I will say, electronic is a wear and tear thing, it's really heng sway. The machine can just anyhow die on you if they want after a few weeks or months of pumping, it's best to get 1 with warranty. Send servicing, repair, is cheap or free.

VIP Member

yes it should be fine as long as you sterilize it ☺ U can try medela or avent .