MIL or infant care?

Right from the beginning, my MIL said that she don’t want to take care of my baby. Reason is that she was tired taking care of my SIL’s kid and she don’t want to lose her freedom/wants to go for holidays. She even told me and my hubby to have only 1 kid cos it’s a lot of hard work taking care of a baby/kid. Now that my maternity leave is ending and I have already looked for an infant care centre and put a deposit, my MIL suddenly said that she wants to take care of my baby until he turns 18 months then put in childcare. Should I take up her offer or still stick to infant care? TBH I am worried that my baby will fall sick often in infant care. He is also very active. But I am worried that my MIL will change her mind again. She is also taking care of my SIL’s kid (He falls sick often too.) Confused mummy here. What should I do?

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Definitely infant care. What if she change her mind again? Then you cannot find get a place for your baby! Since she wants freedom then give her!! And to avoid conflict 🤞

VIP Member

I think for now letting your mil look after your child is a better option...At least until this virus situation improves.

4y ago

Infant care. Better to a avoid any conflicts. Later she change her mind again. Same as my MIL very fickle minded.

Perhaps infant care but allow your MIL to be involved in some way so she doesn't feel snubbed

Infant care.. if baby sick or infant care closes on certain days can ask MIL to take care for the day

Super Mum

Suggest to put the baby at infant care . Let MIL rest more since she busy with another baby

IFC. Could invite conflicts with MIL and by then you may have lost a place in IFC.

I got a Philippino helper to help my MIL to take care my baby

VIP Member

Prefer infant care. Mil might sudden said cant tc bb etc

Hi, I think infant care is the best solution for you

Infant care better. Anyway u paid your deposit alr