Sorry, just had to vent out, anyone experienced the same before?

Recently I had to go back to work after my maternity leave. I try to Wfh when possible. I got a helper to help out with things in the house and baby as I will also need to work and do my job. there are times where I can just take few minutes break to change his diaper and would like to feed him after working hours. However, my helper seems to be so attached to my baby that she wants to feed, change diapers, put baby to sleep. I've already told her I would like to spend time with my baby especially after work and weekends to bond with my baby as well. I am grateful that she is taking care of my baby well however I just wish she could be understanding as well to let me bond with my own child. It's good for me also after a stressful day at work, to have some time with my own child without inteference. Sorry just had to vent about it as I feel a bit upset. Anyone else had this experience before? 🙂

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Understand your frustrations but think of it the positive way, at least she loves your baby rather than abusing baby when you’re not around. Just let her know directly that this is your only free time and you wish to spend it with baby alone or bring baby elsewhere without bringing her along if it’s still early? :) I personally find that as long as she don’t cross the boundary, I can still accept. (I personally am one who sticks to my helper more than my own mum, but end of the day, helper is still an outsider. Mother is irreplaceable.)

Read more
12mo ago

Hi, Thanks for the words of affirmation. I am happy that we found someone who is caring towards our baby. I did think to myself, after all the cleaning and cooking she has done, it's a nice rewarding/calming feeling for her to see small baby's face and be with him. Just that I would like to have the same calming feeling after my work as well to connect with baby. Will definitely speak to her and hope we can set the expectations during this adjustment period.