Infant care or helper

Will you rather send your baby (below 18 months) to infant care or looked after by your helper at home? (Assuming there’s no financial issues)

85 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was a infant educarer and I resigned to take care of my girl . Personally , I would never send my child to infant because of the teacher child ratio (1:5). The child might be "neglected" in the sense that only the basic needs are met when the teachers are busy and trust me, they definitely will be. And all it takes is one educarer who takes shortcuts for something to go very wrong. The best bet would be your mom or MIL.

Read more
3y ago

Hihi, just saw your comment. I would say PG is slightly better as they are a little more independent. However even in PG, the teachers are too busy to individually care for each child. The food is served and at times the teachers do assist (eg: new child) but most times , the food is disposed once lunch time is over if the child does not eat (no coaxing/feeding etc) Same goes for nap time. if the child is not able to fall asleep, they might be made to lie on their cot awake for the whole 2 hours or so. Most of these things boils down to teacher child ratio and lack of manpower. the teachers are not able to give 1:1 care like we would at home.