Just to rant: Hub is on business trip for 7days and today is only the 1st day. I moved back to my parents home to stay partly to spend more time with my no1 and also preg with no2 at 32weeks. And Ya, i paid $800 monthly for mum to take care of my no1. However, here i am trying to do work to rush for deadlines, there my parents leave the kid to me despite me telling them i really need to complete my work. No1 is very hyper and kept disturbing my work(laptop,phone,doc), if i don give it to him, he will cry or whine. Whenever he cries, mum will rush into the room and make noise saying that i cant even take care of my own son, letting him whine. I really couldnt concentrate and complete my work with no1 disturbing and climbing up and down the bed or trying to pull wires or sockets. I am really very irritated and depressed. The sarcasm and nagging from parents especially my mum is really driving me up to the wall. I dono what to do to ease my stress. Tried talking to hub, he only tell me to "don care lo, ignore lo" if nt, no response from him at all.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it's better for you to draw a line. Maybe in the day go back home and work. It's quite natural for our kids to behave in such a manner when we moms are around. So I would go elsewhere if home is too far.

Is it better to finish your work at home and leave no. 1 with your mum first? Inevitable that kids will want attention once they see mummy furthermore #2 is coming otw

7y ago

How many hours does she help the child per day? Your mum seems worn out and she probably realized she did not havemuch patience as she thought in the first place?

VIP Member

So, move back to your own place, this way, you don't have to pay her for the days that you are looking after your own kid.

7y ago

Haha where gt so simple. She alrd complaint tt $800/mth is so little for her.

Is it possible for u to stay at ur own place while child stays with ur parents?

my mom nag non stop too. she unknowingly repeat the same thing 6 times in 20 mins.

7y ago

Same here. Mum goes non stop until she gets wad she wants, nag and scold, nag and scold unless u do things to please her. Complaint to whoever she meets, repeating and repeating. I really dono hw to endure. Super strong headed also. Arghhh!