Maternity Pad or Normal Pad

Hi. Just a quick question. After giving birth, can we use normal pad instead of maternity pad? Or atleast a 32cm with wings pad? 😅

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth mid-Oct 2020 and personally, I didn’t have much blood coming out of me right after delivery. The old-style hospital pad with the string was enough for me since I am plus-size and couldn’t fit into their normal disposable panties with a pad. I went thru emergency c-sect myself so I’m not so sure if it affects the bleeding? Maybe not.. others may bleed more so they may need proper maternity pad. Plus I prefer the string pad rather than disposable panties with pad especially since I just undergone a major operation on my lower abdomen. When I got back home my post-partum bleeding wasn’t much as well so a normal pad for me worked just fine. Just make sure you don’t drink cold water because you wouldn’t want your post-partum blood to clot up in your shrinking uterus.

Read more
VIP Member

I found the loop pads provided by hospital the best. I had C sect and those pads were easier to put along with dressing and bandages. At home, I tried maternity pads (from Mothercare), regular xl winged pads, overnight panties and I found the regular pads to be the best. Maybe coz I'm more use to of it. Most of the maternity pads are still lying in my cupboard 😂

Read more
VIP Member

32 cm normal pad is fine but gotta change more frequently. Hospital had me use maternity pads (their own version at least; didn’t look like those store-bought kind) for the first 3 days. I used adult diapers for the next 2 days then 32 cm pads after that.

normal pad is good enough for me. the hospital maternity pad is very uncomfortable to me. it is better to wear longer size pad if you are having post natal massage as the flow will increase after massage and binding 😊

Super Mum

Hey mama! I personally prefer maternity pads as they’re thicker. Get the cottony and organic ones so they’re more soothing down there. I brought my own when I birthed and packed them in my hospital bag

VIP Member

It'll be better! I used maternity pads only for the first few days and then switched to ultra thin extra long night pads with wings for comfort and to make sure there's no leakage

After my 1st pregnancy, I reckon just use normal pad. Save the hassle of strings and what’s not. So Troublesome! Lol! I bought the 41cm to be more secure. Cheers!

I use the maternity pads and the kotex pants, I made thekotex pants as underwear and put thematernity pad as the absorbent and it's good no leakage

after give birth can use the normal pad 32cm is the perfect size cause i always prefer normal pad den the maternity pad hehehe

I used Laurier 45cm normal pad. Best to get the cotton one. I think maternity pad is not necessary unless your flow is really heavy.