Easy pregnancy meals

This pregnancy (4th, hopefully 2nd birth), im 32, working full time & always exhausted. I eat whatever i can find in my fridge to reheat. If nothing, i eat biscuits with tuna & a glass of milk. I want to eat more nutritious food but I don’t feel strong enough to prep it. Any suggestions for easy meals? Don’t suggest order coz thats too expensive..

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! are you ok to cook simple dishes? I am very lazy too but I have to cook because I require special diet for my food allergies (absolutely cannot order food or buy takeaways). I usually make black bean sauce rice noodles or simple protein rice bowl. all these can be made in batches and kept for up to 3 days in the fridge for reheating. if you have microwave it would be super easy. otherwise steaming works too black bean sauce rice noodles ingredients: - 1 x serving of Rice Noodles - 1/2 cup frozen corn or any fresh veges of your choice (I choose corn because I dont have to wash or chop) - 1 x Egg (beaten) - 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (I buy the already minced type that comes in a tub) - black bean sauce (I use the one from AAA brand) - seasoning of your choice (salt/soy sauce, pepper, chilli, garlic powder etc) - oil (I use olive oil) 1) boil water, then add in rice noodles and corn/veges. 2) once noodles have softened, pour out water and transfer noodles & corn into a bowl. 3) using the same pot, add about a tablespoon of oil. wait for about 30secs before adding in garlic. 4) stir the garlic till it is aromatic. add in the noodles and veges, and pour the egg in too. add the black bean sauce. 5) finish off by stirring in with your other seasonings of choice. this recipe usually takes me 15mins only. if reheating in microwave, take out from fridge and immediately reheat for 1 minute. you will get some carbs, protein (egg) and fibre (corn/veges) from this. Japanese Rice Bowl ingredients: - 1 block of firm tofu - 1 hard boiled egg (i always boil many eggs at one go in a pot for 8 minutes, then keep them in the fridge for up to a week. google how to reheat egg. you can do onsen egg too if you are ok eating half-boiled yolk) - cherry tomatoes - cucumber / capsicum - 1 serving of rice - soy sauce - terriyaki sauce - japanese rice topping (I get mine from don don donki) 1) cut firm tofu into cubes. marinate it with soy sauce for 10mins. 2) slice up cucumber / capsicum. 3) add oil to a pan, then fry the tofu cubes. just make sure tofu is heated up, dont have to make the tofu surface crispy. 4) scoop rice into a bowl, add in the cherry tomatoes, cucumber/capsicum, hard boiled egg, tofu cubes. serve with some terriyaki sauce and japanese rice toppings. you will realise I didnt recommend meat in my recipes. I'm super lazy, I find meat hard to handle and hard to make sure it's well cooked for safe consumption. some of the food I stock up that are easy to prep and eat: - frozen edamame (super good source of protein, fibre, vitamins; just soak in hot water for 2-3mins and ready to eat, dont have to cook 😉) - cherry tomatoes (easy to snack on) - blueberries (easy to snack on) - bananas (easy to snack on) - soy milk (keeps me full as a "snack") - oat biscuits - rice (can be kept in fridge for a week; super good to cook one big batch for the whole week when you need carbs for a meal) - soft tofu (dont even have to cook this; can just season with soy sauce and japanese rice toppings) - hard boiled eggs (protein, and super easy to reheat. also easy to eat!) these are just simple meals. do try to eat a balance diet of proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals when you can ☺️ praying for your pregnancy mama! 💛

Read more
8mo ago

you're welcome! I just think of simple food options. even pasta is easy too, you can keep the sauce and noodles separately in the fridge for up to 3 days 👍🏻 just add in some fresh veges that can easily be eaten raw (like I mentioned, cucumber / capsicum / tomatoes). if you like biscuits and canned tuna, can switch to rice cakes (search organic rice cakes, i usually buy this brand called CeresOrganic) and canned Salmon (from Ayam brand. Tuna is high in mercury, try to avoid in pregnancy). can eat the rice cakes with salmon, avocado, or even peanut butter 😋 I sometimes use the rice cakes as cereal too by breaking it up in small pieces and add to yogurt or milk.

Can try throwing in some rice, water, raw chicken (seasoned), chopped veggies, seasoning (e.g soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce etc etc) for taste into rice cooker and cook. Can opt for brown rice for more nutrients ◡̈

Store ready to eat meals in your fridge? I had salmons from Meals in Minutes when I was pregnant. Check them out on Lazada

TapFluencer

cereal bar varieties perhaps?