Stage 2 Milk Formula

Possible to change to stage 2 formula for my 4 months baby? She's been declining and drinking less with her current stage 1 S26. I can't change other brands as that's the only brand she's suitable with. She has shows interest with solid foods. I've fed her yogurt and mashed potatoes too and she likes it. Can I change to stage 2 as soon as her stage 1 formula finished?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I don’t think anyone would recommend going against the company that made the formula and tell you to switch to stage 2 formula that’s meant for 6 months and above. The stage 1 formula is easier for baby’s gut to break down and process. Starting stage 2 prematurely could potentially result in baby not being able to digest it well, and that could be dangerous. Perhaps consider persisting with stage 1 for just 2 more months before switching?

Read more

Hihi are u on fully fm or mix? Wun suggest u change because the nutritional level and ingredients are different and lo may not be able to absorb.. If u r on mix try more bm than fm to see if she is ok.. If u want 2'FL ingredients, NAN also have.. ntuc $52.60 (dk cheaper anot)

U can consider changing the bottle nipple size to a faster flow one. My LO ard 4 mths also started drinking less than what I offered as he seems to fall asleep or just not interested to finish the bottle.

Only switch when she turns 6months old. Try to have smaller feed but frequent? I encountered it also. So, i give my baby 120ml every 2-3hrs. Otherwise, you can try giving Similac 2FL.

Super Mum

Nope. She will need the nutrients from stage 1.

VIP Member

Not advisable to switch to stage 2 now.

VIP Member

No.