Missed Pre Dawn Meal

Hi all pls help. I'm 5weeks pregnant. I dont know how but i overslept and missed pre dawn meal. I'm having sharp cramps at lower stomach since ystrday nite. Should i continue to fast? I really wanna fast and not miss a day without fasting in this special Ramadhan. But I am already feeling very hungry. TIA

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Disclaimer: message below is a mixed of Malay and English. My dear, if you’re feeling pain, you already memudaratkan yourself. Which is not recommended. Remember, Allah has waived off half the prayers and fasting for a traveller and a pregnant woman. I know how much you want to fast but you’re in your first trimester and it is extremely crucial to look after your pregnancy. I just entered my 2nd tri and truth be told I chose not to fast for yesterday onwards because for fear of my pregnancy. I fear my baby might not get enough fluid intake, which can affect the amniotic sac greatly - which is extremely dangerous for a growing fetus. In my head and conscience, I also fear my baby who used to have small meals throughout the day through me, will be hungry. Kesian baby makan sekali sehari. For example, the nutrition that baby receives on a non-fasting day is on average about 3 times a day. And suddenly he/she receives only once a day. So obviously zat yg di terima is not enough for them. So nope, I for sure, am not gonna jeopardise his/her growth. As a Muslim mother to be, we are in the path of Allah, it is a jihad for us. It is a huge ibadah by itself that not many of us know. Simply because kita mempertaruhkan nyawa untuk mengembangkan umat Islam. Mati melahirkan anak itu mati syahid, nampak tak betapa besar nya nilai ibadah seorang Ibu yg hamil? There are many other ways to kerjakan pahala in this blessed month. For example 4 pages of the Quran after every solat fardhu and you can khatam the Quran in this blessed month. You can also give zakat online. You can do terawih. You can do solat rawatib. I understand you will feel incomplete without your full month of fasting, but if Allah has waived it for you specially, who are we to still do otherwise if we are in a state where there is a chance we will jeopardise another life? Just remember, kita berjuang untuk memberi nutrition yg sempurna pada khalifah yg bakal lahir. Our men don’t get that kelebihan at all. Hukumnya HARUS untuk Ibu mengandung and Ibu yg menyusukan anak. Fikir-fikirkan lah. Just remember to puasa qadha and bayar fidyah before the next Ramadhan comes. In Shaa Allah all will be well for you and baby. Ramadhan Kareem to you and loved ones. Take care.

Read more
4y ago

SubhanAllah. I cried reading this. You are so right. Thank you for your deep insight sis 💕 Ok I will reply for everyone. On top.

Alhamdulillah, thank you everyone for your speedy replies. Makes me cry and realised that i am wrong. I wanna fast full mth because amidst the crisis that the world is facing, and for the many months of trying aft a miscarriage, i jz found out that I'm pregnant a day before Ramadhan. I should've known better not to fast first but I was determined until the sharp pain ystrdae nite aft break fast and missed pre dawn. I overslept. Usually i woke up on time but because i was in pain, I got into a deep sleep. I guess that was a petunjuk too because I was not aware that it is not recommended to fast during pregnancy especially first trimester. Otherwise I would've forced myself to persevere. Also because i didn't know i was pregnant with my first born during Ramadhan, 3 years ago and fasted the whole mth until i discovered i was pregnant 2 weeks aft raye. (i got married 2 weeks before Ramadhan) and my pregnancy was normal,with normal delivery alhamdulillah. But I guess aft the recent miscarriage, i should be more careful. Thank you mummies for enlightening me. Appreciate it alot, alhamdulillah 💕🌼 Ramadhan kareem.

Read more
4y ago

How are you sis? Have you gone to see your gynae and has the cramps stopped?

VIP Member

I fasted for a week when i realized i was pregnant. Then i had pain in my stomach when i decided to stop. Fast only if you can. Don't torture yourself or put your baby at risk. 'Allah doesn't burden a soul beyond that it can bear.' So remember, fast if you can. If not, pay back another time or feed the poor.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi previously my gynae recommended me not to fast during pregnancy as it will affect baby's growth. Baby needs nutrients in order to develop especially during the initial stage. If u are feeling pain and weak, pls break your fast. Baby health is important :)

Super Mum

I believe God knows your heart, and God also gave you this baby ❤️ I’m sure he wants you to love and protect this precious baby, so if he gives you a sign that you should eat, just eat.. and you can always fast next time after confinement:) Congratulations by the way!

4y ago

Awwww 😭 Thank you 💕🌼

It's very important to obtain the necessary nutrients for your baby at this stage.. I dont think it is recommended to fast. If the pain persist you should see a doctor. Perhaps you can do fidyah instead of fasting.

My gynae advised mie not to fast esp when im a thal. intermediate . Dont force urself okay . Some of my preggy colleagues do fast the whole day . But please if can , do not fast . Smore ure at 5weeks .. Take care okay !

If u can fast, by god wills, you can. But if you are having pain and hungry, better don't force. Furthermore, it's still an early stage and u need nutritions to grow that lil one.

hey dear, don't suffer yourself. You can break your fast if you're not feeling well. You can pay back your fast.

Your health and your baby’s health come first now. It’s not good to have cramps now. Please go see a doc.