fasting in ramadhan

is it safe to fast at 29 weeks ? ive been fasting for 3 days straight and i continuously having cramps . #pregnancy #pleasehelp #bantusharing

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Always, always ask your gynae instead of others for questions like this because it involves your baby not others. And don't follow others because they have done it before bcos if anything were to happen they will not be held responsible. Our body are all different & our health also varies. Same goes to breastfeeding mums. Best is to ask your gynae/dr bcos they can access your health. Islam is simple & you have a perfect reason not to fast if you can't. Take care!

Read more

I know this will be vague but if you feel unwell, please stop fasting and immediately seek a doctors help especially if the cramps don’t go away. Islam has given leeway that you do not have to fast if it affects you detrimentally. Hope it gets better. please don’t feel pressure to fast if some ppl have told you they managed to fast during pregnancy. Everyone’s body is different. Syafakillah

Read more

Always ask your gynae...im 33 weeks and I don't fast ..my mummy instincts tell me its not safe to fast.. need to eat well for baby's growth..wouldnt want any complications or low baby birth weight later on.. better be safe than sorry.. also islam has an exception for pregnant woman..we are not forced to do so 👍

Read more

We can still fast during pregnancy but of course Islam doesn't force us if we're not feeling well.. don't force yourself dear