marry too early

Hi all.. pls dont judge genuinely need some REAL adult advise. it was a shotgun marriage, my husband and I we were together on and off many times since we were 14yo, now 23yo. the reasons we broke off many times before was due to arguments, incompatibility. it was a spur of the moment when we said we wanted a kid and we got a kid hence marrying at 21 and a mom at 22.. during this period, my husband and I did have fun nice memories la but we both feel we r still not compatible with each other we still argue A LOT. when times r good, both of us feel happy and how lucky we r to have a beautiful baby girl. but when times r bad, I start to feel regrets for marrying him but never regretting giving birth to my baby. in all honesty, I've thought of divorcing. but I can't bear to let my daughter go thru this :( After marriage. I've been in and out of depression.. i suggested to go for marriage counselling but he doesn't want he feel we r fine. Some advice pls?? Is this just a phase? or do I just tahan for the sake of my baby?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

as someone who lived with fighting parents for 7 years before them divorcing, i’d suggest u divorce instead of continue quarrelling everyday. my parents stayed together for me n my lil bro, he didn’t see them quarrel as much as i did, instead he only saw if for a few months before they divorced(he was 4). i struggled with depression after all of it, the arguments of my parents haunted me for long, my brother however was fine, honestly we both quite liked having 2 houses, both liked our happier single parents compared to unhappy married parents. people often think divorce is cruel to the child but as someone who’s had divorced parents, i can only say, divorce is only bad if u make it look bad, it can be for the better.

Read more