Reading to baby

Can you please suggest books I can read to my 1-year-old?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You can go to NLB and they have a catalogue of suggested reading list for the various age groups. For 1 year old, those board books with single words , big pictures, sensory touch are all suitable.. Rhyming words or nursery rhymes and songs books are good too

You can try Karen Katz’s ‘Baby Loves’ series/ Where is Baby’s Belly Button. My child also enjoyed ‘The very hungry caterpillar’, Goodnight Moon, Pat the Bunny, Each Peach Pear Plum, Where is the Green Sheep & 10 little fingers 10 Little Toes.

VIP Member

I read Pepper series to my daughter when she was about 1.5yo, and she loves it, the book taught her about manners, fear etc, so it's a good starting for toddler, but I can only found 2nd hand book here in sg, not sure where to buy the new one.

Books with colourful pictures and nursery rhymes are a good start. If you're in SG, do check out the kids' section of NLB as they have a good selection of books.

nursery rhymes, or books with repeated words and rhymes. can try brown bear brown bear, the very hungry caterpillar by Eric carle. my girl loves them!

VIP Member

I borrowed like 16 books every week from NLB and just keep swapping. My Daughter used to love the touch and feel books at 1

Post reply image

Hi, hope this list helps from Goodreads help! https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/839

Super Mum

Flash cards. And books that’s available at home. Pictorial or sensory books.

VIP Member

I sang nursery rhymes to my baby to soothe them to sleep

VIP Member

You can redeem the free library pack at NLB.