Hi! Please I need some advise. Thank you please hear me out. I have a 6 years old son, a single mom and planning to get married in a month with my fiancee what bothers me is this, The relationship I had with the biological father of my son failed, my son carried the surname of his biological father :( which I regret. He is not supporting my son,not at all. I found someone that wants to fully take the responsibility being my son's father, Ano ang dapat kung gawin to change his surname? Adoption? How? Will it be possible to change my sons name to my husband name in the future? Ayaw ku lang na isipin ng aking anak that he is left behind kung sakali magkaroon siya kapatid which will have my husbands name. Please enlighten me.. Thank you very much.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Found this: http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/life/home/according-to-the-law-change-of-minor-s-name -- doesn't seem like your situation falls under any of the conditions --- maybe adoption is the better/possible option?

I have a friend na katulad ng situation mo. Inadopt nung lalake yung anak nung wife nya para maging ka-apelyido nya.