Please advise which milk bottle to use so that my LO ( 1mth+) will not reject latching?Recently notice that when I bottle feed him with excess BM and when I latch him ,he seems to suck for comfort only and not actually sucking my breast .

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used nuk as it is softer n the design is more alike to nipple. My baby rejected avent n other brands n only accept nuk n able to switch between nuk n my breasts wo confusion. There r other brands like dr brown that my friend swears by it. Hw, my baby rejected that. Hence, it dep a lot on ur baby's preference too in order not to have nipple confusion.

Read more
VIP Member

I'm using Pigeons for both my boys (1 and 3 yrs old) and they are good with it. I think it depends on your LO's preference. A certain brand may suit this baby, but may not be suitable for other baby. Mummy don't let your LO suck for comfort and treat it as a pacifier. Unlatch your LO and latch again if needed.

Read more

Many experts suggest that baby not get bottles or pacifiers while he is learning to nurse correctly, with the idea that his need to suck will help the process along (nursing will satisfy the need to suck). this link is super helpful: http://kellymom.com/ages/newborn/nb-challenges/back-to-breast/#bottles

Read more
VIP Member

I use comotomo - no issues switching between breast and bottle. I believe it's cause the comotomo feels like breast as its squishy

Post reply image

I'm using Comotomo and Tommee Tippee :)