We are planning a trip abroad, and our kids are just 6 and 9 and we are thinking of leaving them back with my parents thinking that they are too small to remember this trip anyway. We are thinking on the financial front as well, as the trip would cost us a bomb, and we would like to take our kids when they grow up little more and can have memories. Is it fine to leave them back or we are getting selfish?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As far as the kids won't remember thing is concerned, I would differ with you, as 6 and 9 is an age when kids do remember things and the vivid memories of this time stay with them forever. Plus, it is not all about not remembering. Being 6 and 9, they would have an awesome time with the two best people in their lives. Yes, if you are concerned about the financial part then you can plan a trip where you all can fit in. Why go to just USA if it is not in the budget. You are already questioning the idea, what if you leave the kids behind and throughout the trip keep missing them there and worrying about them! Your whole trip will anyway be spoiled. I suggest, take the kids along. Also, if you do not take them it is in no way selfish, but only if you can totally have fun without them and do not keep worrying during the entire trip.

Read more