Frozen EBM overseas

Hello! I will be going overseas for a 4D3N trip to bangkok with my 3 month old. She is fully bottle-fed on EBM. (I don’t latch) Can anyone give me advice if I were to bring frozen EBM in a cooler bag to travel, by the time I fly and reach my hotel the EBM might be thawed in the cooler bag cos it’s not as cold as the freezer. Can I still refreeze the milk and let my baby drink for the next couple of days? How should I go about it? Please advice!!! Thank you :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! When traveling with frozen expressed breast milk (EBM) in a cooler bag, it's important to plan ahead to ensure the milk stays safe for your baby to consume. Here are some tips to help you manage the situation: 1. Use a good quality cooler bag or box with ice packs to keep the milk as cold as possible during your journey. This will help maintain the temperature and slow down thawing. 2. Check with the airline regarding their policies on carrying frozen breast milk. Some airlines may have restrictions or guidelines you need to follow. 3. If the milk does partially thaw during the trip, you can safely refreeze it as long as it was not fully defrosted and still has ice crystals in it. Refreezing thawed breast milk is generally safe for consumption. 4. Once you reach your hotel, transfer the partially thawed milk to the hotel freezer as soon as possible to refreeze it. Make sure to label the milk with the date and time it was originally expressed. 5. When you need to feed your baby, thaw the refrozen milk by placing it in the refrigerator or under running water. Do not refreeze the milk once it has been fully defrosted and warmed up. 6. Always test the temperature of the milk before feeding it to your baby to ensure it's at a safe temperature. Remember to prioritize your baby's well-being and hygiene throughout the process. Enjoy your trip to Bangkok and safe travels with your little one! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
TapFluencer

i did refreeze