Planning to let my bb try some purée for e first time, she's fully breastfed since birth n turning 6mo soon. any recipes or methods on how to feed to share? THX:)

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Introducing solid food to your baby is a big milestones and a lot of fun and worry. When your baby is ready for solid food, considered to skipped those boxes cereal and starting out with avocado, a great first food! Smooth and creamy avocados are easily digested. Avocados are full of essential fats and nutrition that a growing baby needed. And avocados are actually easily to prepared. Peel and take out the pit of a ripe avocado. Cut the "meat" and mash with a fork. Add breastmilk to thin the texture as desired. My 2nd lo is now 7mo. She have been eating avocados and other foods, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, green peas, pears and apples. All are easily prepared. You just have to steam it and mix with breastmilk for the texture as desired. I normally will follow the 4 days waiting rules before starts a new food to observed for any allergies. You may read up more about baby solid food and varieties recipes shared in this websites. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ Have fun with your baby on solid food!

Read more

It is best to start with indigenous fruits and veggies like avocado, carrots, bananas, sayote, potatoes. You can try them one at a time to check for possible allergies and then you can go ahead and mix and match them. Much better to just mash the food and not puree. Babies know how to chew even if they don't have teeth. If puréed food, they tend to just swallow the food without learning how to chew. Babies need to be familiar with texture. And also chewing is a precursor to talking.

Read more

I recommend fruits puree as a starter. Apple, avocado, banana and pears are common first fruits introduced to babies. You steam those then blend or mash it. Add some breastmilk to make it a bit watery. Since baby's gut is still immature, you can delay rice cereal/porridge. It is not a must to start with cereal because your baby's main food will still be your milk at least till he is 1 y/o.

Read more
VIP Member

Congrats on this new milestone Agree with Shirley and skip the boxed cereals and make your own purée instead. Start with lower allergy food. Just 1 ingredient at a time and for 4-5 days at one shot so You can test for allergies. Start off with pumpkin purée, or banana purée or avocado. Very easy to make. I attach the recipe for avocado purée here.

Read more
Post reply image

How about a savoury potato and spinach puree? All you need are boiled potatoes, steamed spinach and your breastmilk. This recipe is packed with beta carotene and vitamin C. Here's a recipe you can try: http://sg.theasianparent.com/potato_spinach_puree/

I saw this recipe book in popular bookstore in SG !! Is very helpful!!

Post reply image