Hi all, planning to bring my LO, who will be 7 months to Perth in November. Please recommend baby friendly places to visit. TIA ?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I just came back from Perth. I think you mean baby-friendly by having a place to nurse and change diapers? If so, I think you need not worry much. Plenty of clean family rooms (aka diaper change rooms). Only exception I realised is that they don't have hot water dispenser (for making formula milk) in their family rooms. So I always made sure I prepared 2 flasks of hot boiled water on the go. I am assuming you are doing a self-drive trip, you can change diapers in the back seat of the car if the places you go to, do not have such amenities. Margaret River is a lovely place. Many places to visit for the family. - Sat Farmers' Market - Berry Farm - Choc Factory - A'maze'n for the garden and maze and puzzles - Sorry if this does not apply: but if you or your family do take alcohol, you may wish to visit Cheeky Monkey brewery - lovely pizzas (Very kids friendly - playgrd for older kids, baby high chair etc..so many other babies there..) Voyager Estate winery - for the lovely huge garden that you can stroll abt. Perth city - Kings' Park. Botanic Garden Caversham Wildlife Park Perth Zoo

Read more
7y ago

No problem, most welcome. I did not stay in hotels as we travelled in a huge group of 6 adults n my 14mo: 1) used Airbnb to book an apartment (so it is someone's entire home, full kitchen so i could cook porridge for my daughter - in Perth City) 2) At Margaret River, we booked a cottage - it is called the Margaret River Hideaway Farmstay: a 3 bedrm with 2 bathrm. 3) At Swan Valley, Swan Valley Bed & Breakfast Farmstay. Farmstays are good n fun, because you get to experience something different; wake up with animals (sheeps, cows, emus...) roaming outside your cottage (do not worry, there is a fence all around)! You have a kitchen n can prep lo's meals, you can organise a bbq at your patio.

Most tourist attractions are quite baby-friendly. Since baby is still young, you can just plan according to places you want to go instead. You can visit wineries located around swan valley or magaret river. Weekends at Frementle is always busting with buskers. Dropby Kailis brothers fir fish and chips instead of the touristy Cicerello. I will avoid rottnest island, however cos of the ferry ride and may have a problem finding a baby-friendly toilet. Moreover Rottnest is more for outdoor cycling, snorkeling, beach around the island and seeing the free roaming quokka.

Read more
VIP Member

margaret river .. Chocolate factory while you're driving up to margaret factory , you cam dropby .. Rottnest island .

7y ago

Thanks mummy!