Planning to bring our 3 year old girl to Tokyo. Will 7 days in Tokyo be too much? Any places in Tokyo on top of Disneyland suitable for her? Also will middle or late may weather cooling for us to go? Want to avoid rainy season.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

May is definitely a good time to go as it is cooling and not rainy yet. But prepare a jacket just in case weather gets cold due to rain. I love Tokyo a lot so I don't think 7 days is too much. There is so much to see. Just looking at the confectionery at the basement of the department store I can spend a whole afternoon . You can go to Odaiba which is a man made island. There is a ferries wheel, man made hot spring , nice ambience of shopping mall over there. There is also Sanrio Puroland. Japan has many interesting places for kids and heir restaurants are very kids friendly. You will have loads to do there. You can also bring her to take the last electric tram in Tokyo which many people are unaware of. It is called the Toden Arakawa line below JR Otsuka station on Yamanote line. Asakusa Temple has a lot of interesting things to see as well and you can head over to Tokyo Skytree after that . Have fun!!

Read more

7 days is okay, but like the other mums mentioned, do ensure your girl has enough rest - don't stay out too late! Late May would be better I think! Will be warming up :) You can check out this website for attractions: http://mylittlenomads.com/tokyo-with-kids

VIP Member

7 days seems ok. Just ensure your kid has sufficient rest during the day and night time. you can also space out the activities so it would not be too tiring.

Second the mom above. Ensure that your girl has rest. 7 days seems a bit long to me. It can be very exhausting for both of you.

I think is ok. I brought my 10 mth old on a 2wks trip n it was ok