What do I need to buy?

Hi parents! I intend to breastfeed my baby after birth. I didn't get the chance to do so with my other kids as my milk supply was really low even with Fenugreek. I also intend to bottle feed my bm just in case my nipples hurts/cracks. What do I really need to buy? The essential things for breastfeeding. I know breastpump is needed. What else? Also, what should I do to increase my bm? TIA for your advice & help ☺️

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

hi there! for me, i have prepared a few things beforehand: 1. sourcing out a good pump (i bought 2 pumps one for home and one for work/when im out) 2. make sure that the flanges also fit so that it will maximise your milk flow. 3. Have a container so that u can wash all your pump parts easily especially when at work 4. buy lots of milk bags and bottles to store your milk. even if you are breastfeeding, it will be good to pump and stash some in the fridge/freezer so that baby can still be fed if u leave baby at home with husband. read more about storage guidelines 5. good nipple cream 6. ice packs/ice bag from packit. to store your pumped milk when u are out and about alone but still need to pump 7. good lactation products to boost your supply. one product i really recommend is BC Hot Mama lactation hot chocolate. can check out IG: @hazel.bcmama

Read more
4y ago

i use pumpables brand for my breast pump. they have a printable measurement that u can print on their website. alternatively they also provide free online consultation where u can send photos/videos and they can advise accordingly