Parents, what do you prefer for your toddler's early education? Playschool or homeschool?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I prefer playschool which allows parental bonding during the classes. In this day and age, I think it's crucial to have kids interact with other kids at an early age to aid in developing their social skills. I bring my 22 month old son to Little Gym once a week and make sure he has plenty of other educational activities at home on a daily basis as well. This creates balance and still strengthen our bond with him :)

Magbasa pa

Personally, I would prefer homeschooling. It allows you to strengthen the bond between the parents and the child, plus you can set your instructions in a more personal level. Other pros of homeschooling also include no bullying during the early years of the child, and it also teaches the parents to practice more patience, and apply the love for learning together with your child.

Magbasa pa

We started with homeschooling for the first 2 years and then when my son was 2.5 years old, we enrolled him to a short classes like summer class and the like to develop his social skills. I think it's a good combination while homeschooling the child, you get to address both cognitive and social skills.

Magbasa pa

I think I'd go for playschool. At an early age, I want my future baby to learn skills social skills, as well as other values in playschools. And according to one study I've read, early education may overwhelm a child so I want him to just learn without realizing he's really at school.

I've never tried taking my daughter to playschool, but I've heard that if you find the right place, playschools can be beneficial socially and cognitively for your little one. Personally, I have some experience in education, so I prefer homeschooling for my toddler.

I prefer homeschooling because I can adjust our topics based on my baby's needs. I will just have a playdate with my friends' kids from time to time (maybe every 2 weeks or monthly) so that she can play with other kids as well.

I prefer homeschooling for their first years. I want to be hands on in teaching my children with the basics. That's one of the reasons why I chose to become s stay at home mom.

I prefer playschool so our kid's social skills will be improved. I think this is better because my kids rarely go out and they never get to play with other friends.

As much as I want to, I prefer homeschooling for early education. This also means spending more time with my little one.

Homeschooling. Aside from more time on bonding, homeschoolers also do have play date with fellow homeschoolers.