Trauma after school

Hi parents, have anyone experienced this & know what to do? My 21MO daughter recently started school in a playgroup which is for 2hours per day. Since day 1 we put her for 2hours straight alone because she seemed fine ( i should have sat in with her which i didnt ) . On day 2 & 3 she began crying badly because i heard kids were snatching her toys & pushing her. Then the episodes began... she started waking up around 2am & insist on leaving the room & she would be fine when she goes to the living room but i will have to follow, when i refuse she will go on screaming & crying for 2-3hours till she slept because shes too tired . Then we began to realise it was for all her afternoon naps & bedtime sleep.. she will not want to be inside confined in the room & repeating her crying episodes ... it is so bad that she gets so tired she fell asleep on the floor. We do not know what to do anymore...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

could be anxious to new environment. my 18 month old son started PG in his new school and faced similar behaviour. he'd cry in his sleep for the first few nights.. cried going to sch etc. I raised my concerns to the teachers and told them to update me if my son is facing challenges to adapt. so I could staggered his time to be in school. he was previously from another centre attending infant care. now my son is more relaxed but PG timetable can be quite a stretch. so it's understandable why he's cranky closer to nap time. do monitor and just update teachers or Principal directly. All will be fine. sending my prayers 🙏

Read more

oh ya kids snatching and pushing are inevitable. they are all learning the concept of sharing at this stage. I hope you also understand and see that from a wider perspective. perhaps go thru some stories or share with your child on hw different it is to be playing at home and school. recently my son got bite on his hand. its a young kid bites mark. I knew that my son could also be the trigger as he doesn't know how to share yet. 🤭 but again. just update teachers and slowly teach our child too. give them time and see them bloom in no time. :)

Read more